This is one of the easiest Stuffed Cabbage Roll recipes I have found. My family loves it and asks me to make it often! I hope you enjoy!
- 1 head cabbage
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 1 egg beaten well
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- salt & pepper to taste
Sauce on Top
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes in puree
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
Sauce on Top
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place cabbage into a large pot of water and bring to a boil.
- Boil cabbage until leaves are soft (blanched). Drain well. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, rice, egg, milk, onion, garlic, onion powder, salt & pepper. Mix well.
- Carefully pull apart cabbage leaves one at a time and place on a plate.
- Scoop approx. 1/4 cup of meat mixture and roll into a ball. Place mixture in center of cabbage leaf and roll up tucking the sides in first.
- Place cabbage roll seam side down into baking dish.
- Mix together crushed tomatoes, brown sugar, lemon juice & Worcestershire sauce. Pour over cabbage rolls.
- Cover with aluminum foil. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hr 15 minutes.
I have also used V-8 Juice for the sauce. Makes it nice & easy!